Lily started a round of gratitude from my children, everyone professed their love and adoration for not only my cooking but for me as the "bestest" Mom ever! Even Jericho added his two cents with a quick "tank ooh" translation...thank you.
What was this amazing dinner you are probably wondering...why Banana split french toast of course.
- Heat canola oil in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat * Didn't do this, warmed up the griddle.
- Spread peanut butter on two slices of bread, top side only
- On one bread slice, arrange banana slices, strawberries and chocolate chips on top of peanut butter
- Place second slice of bread on top, and while holding sandwich together dip both sides into egg, cinnamon and vanilla batter.
- Cook sandwich in oil- flipping once- until crispy brown on both sides *Didn't make ours this way. I just made them on my griddle like a grilled cheese, turned out fine.
- Slice sandwich in half, serve and enjoy!
They were dang good! Mmm need to do dinner for breakfast more often.