Friday, April 24, 2009

New Babies!!!*

So I was stuck in the hospital for 6 weeks....go home for 1 day and wham. Just after a nap and then a late dinner at home Friday night about 8:45 ish baby B, Hayden, decided she wanted to break her water and get the ball rolling. After a few moments of panic, crying I'm not ready, I can't do this (C-section fears mostly) we rushed off to the hospital....our 24 hours of freedom was awesome. On 7-12-08 between 12:18-12:20 am at 31 weeks 2 days the babies were born by C-section.

Xander Dominic was first...3lbs 12oz, 16 1/2 inches long.

Hayden Cheyenne came next ....3lbs 15oz, 17 1/2 long

Lily Isabella was the last one out....3lbs 7oz, 18 1/4 long

The C-section, while nerve racking, (and believe me I had a couple small freak out moments) wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I made myself not even attempt to move anything being a little claustrophobic I knew if I tried to move and couldn't I would freak so better to just not even go there. The room was packed there were at least 20 some people in the rooms. They were all awesome and many many thanks to my Anesthesiologist who kept wetting gauze for me to suck on during the C-section...I was SOOO thirsty. Trying to heal and move and all that good stuff that comes after has been a bit more than I expected....but hey the hard part is over!!!The babies are doing well...they all went on CPAPs to help them breathe easier but it's room air, they don't need actual oxygen help. Everyone is very happy with their size and how they are doing, though they will probably be in the NICU for the next 5-7 weeks. I am sure I am leaving a lot brain is a little fried.

Daddy and Xander

I got to be wheeled by each them in my bed on my way to recovery. Then on my way to my room they wheeled me by them and I got to hold Xander and Hayden for just a moment, they were still breathing pretty good but shortly after my visit they went on CPAP also. Lily was having a little more trouble right off and was already on CPAP so we didn't get to hold her.

I was totally wrecked but started pumping right after my C-section and couldn't sleep more than a few hours....I wanted to go see them right away.
Here is some video of our first visits to the NICU



No comments: