Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sand...wiches, yummy!

Today ***thanks for the tip*** was another beautiful day in Oregon, shhh don't tell anyone but this has been 2 days in a row. We decided to take the kiddos to play at the beach for the first time. Jason packed a lunch, PB&J, some fruit, chips and sippys. We stopped on our way out of town and picked up some buckets, shovels, SPF shirts and got on the road. It took us a while to find the perfect spot, as we were searching we almost had a little incident. I gasped loud when I saw a deer very near to my side of the road, I meant to say "slow down babe, deer" it came out AHHHHH. Jason freaked for a second and semi slammed on the breaks. The poor deer looked at us like sh!t these people are crazy and can't drive I'm outta here, then she turned around and hauled butt away from us LOL. On this same road there was what felt like a 3 foot "dip" in the road, Jason saw it a little too late to slow down and the van about bottomed out, Xander pipes up from the back "ut ohhh" Hahaha. We ended up finding a great spot and spent a good two hours having fun digging in the sand, making sand castles, watching people fly kites and chasing after seagulls (while Hayden yelled quack quack quack LOL.) We stopped for a little lunch, the sandwiches were yummy...even with the little bit of sand that never fails to get in there, and the berries were extra good with that little bit of grit. After lunch they got to do a little wadding in the freezing cold water, silly kids never seem to mind when their extremities go numb. Jason and I had had enough and packed up and got moving on, the kids were not happy at all with our decision and let everyone we passed hear all about it. I hope it is just a 2 year old thing...this melting down every time an activity ends is not fun, for any of us. They calmed down after a few min. of strolling through the little town by the beach, they even got their first ice cream cones....and ate every last bit of them.

Break out the toys Daddy!
My goodness I need some sun!
Mmmm lunch.

Water fun...Hayden really liked the water, she had her moments when the sand being on her really bothered her Hahaha.


Didn't even take them a second to figure out what to do with an ice cream cone :)

6 comments:

Samantha said...

Katrina, you can change the date and time you post things. I always do that when I post about something way too late. It is on the same page that you do the post at the bottom.

TripMomma said...

Oooh thanks...I will check that out :)

Jill said...

Another thing you could try which I do often is to cut what you have already written and then paste it onto a new post. Then delete the old one. I do it often because I start a post and don't finish it until a few days later.

Sounds like you had a good day. I HATE the meltdowns that happen when we end something fun...sometimes wonder if ti was worth doing?? Ha!

Angela said...

Nothing sweeter than Beach pictures! Love it! My kids are driving me crazy..."It's Hot can we go to the beach?" Come on it's been hot here for what???? 2 days and they're ready to hightail it out of here? No, they're excited to feel sand between their toes! Adorable NEW baby pic as well! Very exciting!

TripMomma said...

Hahaha Jill, I so wonder the same thing :) Thanks for the tip too!

RaeSchuft said...

Love the pic of Xan walking with his dad and the pic of Lily eating sand! Hazel loves the beach :) Too bad we don't live closer!