Friday, February 1, 2013

Decorating ideas...Pinterest don't fail me now!

I did a lot of planning and decorating in my head today, Pinterest I knew we were meant to do big things together one day :) What else was I to do while I was chilling with the kiddos at home when everyone else was having fun working on the house some.

I have tentatively picked the paint colors I want.


I have found the bench seat and table set our friend will be making for us. Of course our table will need to be much bigger LOL.































It should fit in here just perfectly, once we replace that counter.
















I love this set up for the entry way...I have plenty of canvases LOL Will probably need to find a smaller bench or a really narrow table, the entry way is pretty small.





















Loving this idea for the entry way closet...what a great little nook to get the kids to take off their coats and shoes before they end up all over the house LOL.





















I think I may try to hang the drapes higher than the window, to give it the look of bigger windows. I would call it the "new in thing," but I am so far out of the design business that it could be an "old thing" for all I know.
I am hoping to turn the bonus room into a multipurpose room...the treadmill, my craft stuff...what a dream set up this would be!
 




















I have a few different ideas for the hall bathroom.




















































































Now what am I going to do with this master bedroom. I have already asked, they can't do anything with that boxy formation around the window. I don't know why, maybe it is just me, but I hate it. How am I going to disguise it? I could put up some fake, go nowhere, drapes...sort of like the two pics below. Or maybe put my bed on a different wall and turn this little cove into a window seat or ??? Ideas totally welcome LOL.
 
Oh and for the little wall at the end of the hallway, I love this idea.



















So there you have some of my ideas...what do you think, I am very open to suggestions from those of you with true design genius :)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Embrace the boxy formation thing instead of fighting it. I like the bed in the window cove idea. I don't know about you but my days of dreamily lounging in a window seat are past and I could use the space in the room with the bed tucked back a bit.

TripMomma said...

Yeah I doubt I would actually use a window seat...just more for decoration. Since the drape camouflage idea would be a lot easier on Jason, that is probably what we will try first LOL. I am not sure why I hate that boxy thing so much...maybe once the wallpaper is off it won't be as bad ;)