Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Brothers.

Oh my boys...the brotherly fighting is starting, I just hope the brotherly love stays strong through it. This little scene actually started out a pretty serious brawl...Jericho was full on swinging that guitar at his big brother. My calling attention to them and taking pictures somehow turned it into a game and they ended up laughing. Little man has no problem holding his own, he is actually the owner of quite the temper. I know how my brothers brawled, and even how me and my sister fought....I am not looking forward to that stage. Why can't we all just get along, I mean "Maybe we could build a fire, sing a couple of songs, huh? Why don't we try that?" Come on who knows it??? There has to be other movie quoting fans out there :)


















Jason made me laugh today. Lily had been "wrapping gifts" to give to me all night. She takes her own toys or books, wraps them in a princess pillow case puts a bow on...all this done with great care and skill, she wraps better than I do LOL. After hours of this I passed the buck to Jason. I told Lily "Daddy wants to wrap a present for you", while avoiding eye contact with the person I just threw under the bus Hehehe. Lily happily hands Jason her supplies and then tells him Sleeping Beauty is her favorite, meaning that is the princess that should be on top. We all go back to what we were doing, next thing I hear is "Pssst" from Jason. I look over and he asks me in a whisper "Which one is Sleeping Beauty?" Really you don't know who is who between Belle and Aurora...you have 2 daughters who are princess crazy and you don't know who is who. I think someone needs to spend a little time watching some Disney :)

Mmm dinner tonight...not crock pot for a change :) and it gets 5 stars from me. It gets a star for being yummy, one for being cheap, another for being easy, and one for being super quick. The most important star...the kids actually ate it!
White Chicken Enchiladas
















10 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (We used a precooked rotiserie chicken)
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream (can use fat free or Greek yogurt too)
1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don’t want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.





No comments: