Sunday, November 15, 2009

They tattle on themselves LOL

For now at least, the trio are not getting away with much. They have not grasped the concept of when you are doing something you are not supposed to keep it on the DL...don't come bragging to your momma about what you have that you shouldn't. Even better they will inadvertently tattle on each other. So starts our funny story of the day... The girls have a little of their brother's problem solving skills, and they seem to put their little plans in action while I am other wise occupied with Xander. So today I am sitting with Xan and Lily comes hauling ass around the sofa to show me her prize, I look at her cock my head to the side and say "Lily what do you have?" Then she innocently smiles and looks to the kitchen, as if to say "we unhooked the locks on the gate keeping us out of the kitchen, we got in there and there is lots of cool stuff, come on ma...come check out the cool shit Hayden has." I make a move toward her to take the object that she had to show off to me which got them busted, the little turd turns on a dime and makes a mad screaming dash to elude me. I chase her and she runs right into the kitchen thus getting her sister busted as well. I grab Lily take the item, put her back in the living room, re-lock the gate and turn towards Hayden. She has been happily destroying our diaper stash, and grabbing shoes and books off the drawer of the changing table. She sees me coming and sits down in the middle of the kitchen and starts protesting what she knows is about to happen. I take all the items from her as her screams get louder then pick her up and plop her back outside the gate. Not two seconds later the little trouble makers were back at the gate trying to get it unlocked again. On the other side of the room Xan has finally mastered shimmying himself under the other baby gate and was making his way into the laundry room. What a day....no pics I was too busy LOL.

I do have this 6 min video for you to watch. This is about a little boy named Joel, his Grandpa made this video in hopes of making people more aware of child car seat safety, and while Joel was AMAZINGLY LUCKY to live through his accident, most are not...at least not without lasting injuries. The trio are 16mo old and closing in on 30 lbs, and are still rear facing in their car seats. The law is 1 year AND 20 lbs in most states, however the AAP has changed their recommendation to 2 years and 30 lbs. It is safer for your child to remain rear facing for as long as their convertible seat allows, not just while they are in their infant seats. It may not be convenient for you, it may not make them happy or quiet, it may not be EASIER...but it is SAFER. The video has some really great facts, I hope you will all watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8gU9zzCGA8

2 comments:

RaeSchuft said...

Katrina, I've followed your blog from the APA site (fellow Sept 08 due dater) ... what an amazing video! thanks for sharing!

TripMomma said...

Thanks for following my blog, I am so glad you watched the video!