Thursday, March 13, 2014

I don't think Lily is going to be much of a party animal.

The girls and I had a long afternoon of shopping planned together....I love just the three of us getting out alone, it is such a nice treat.

First we had to see a Dentist about a couple small cavities. The girls love playing with that kitchen stuff, Lily could have a culinary calling...she really adores food Hahaha!


Too bad the fun stopped in the waiting room. Poor Lily, who did amazing during her last couple of appointments...including last month when she got a small filling done, did not have a good run this time. I think she got too much nitrous, last time they only had her breathing it for about 10 minutes...this time it was twice as long. For whatever reason, poor Bug started throwing up right in the middle of the drilling for her first cavity. They got her turned on her side, let the situation play out then cleaned her all up. She was woozy, pale, breathing rapid...and acting just really odd. The Dentist had to finish the first filling as she had already drilled the hole before Lily started getting sick. They were going to do both cavities during the same visit but with Bug acting so out of it we decided to just come back another day. I think next time we will keep the gas to a minimum. I asked them if it could have been a reaction to her getting too much, they said that doesn't really happen. I'm not convinced. About 15 min with no gas and she was fine...we went on a 2 hour shopping trip right after...no issues at all. I feel bad...poor Lily is going to be a cheap date LOL. Hopefully our next attempt goes much better.

One of our stops today was to a craft store to buy the supplies I needed to get started on my bathroom storage cabinet. This stuff is on the expensive side, but totally amazing!

Jason was nice enough to do a little sanding for me. Now with the Annie Sloan chalk paint you usually don't have to do any prep work...you can paint this stuff right over pretty much anything without sanding...but this piece had some damaged areas that needed a little extra care. After Jason sanded it I gave it a good cleaning and we got started.

Haddie and Bug, even Jericho, all helped me paint. Xander was too busy cracking out on Mario. This kid is so techy, we had to take the game away for the last week...just so he would stop trying to play it every time I turned around.


They need to work a little more on their painting technique, but they had fun...and didn't mess anything up, that's a win for me LOL.


First coat done. I was warned the first coat would look like this when it was done...so I wasn't freaking out too much. We went with Duck Egg for the outside, and Coco for the inside.


2nd coat looked much better, probably could have used a 3rd but I ran out of paint LOL. I only bought 2 tester sized jars of the blue and 1 of the coco...so it actually went really far.


A couple coats of wax, then it'll be ready to stuff LOL. I can't wait to have more places to shove all my crap!

No comments: