Monday, August 18, 2014

I didn't expect this on day 1.

Lots of fun stuff going on today. We were meeting Dina, and her kiddos, for another poolside BBQ dinner this evening.
But, first things first.... Today was day 1 of a 4 day "summer school" stint, so the teachers can see how the triplets do in 1 classroom. They will only be gone 2 1/2 hours but they are sure excited.


































It seems I am already "that" mom. As my kids walked in I was handed a piece of paper stating they have had a report of lice in their summer school class. I asked if it was recent she said yes it just happened. So I asked what precautions they take...gave the example of keeping kids back packs or sweatshirts separate. She said they notify parents to watch for it. So I asked "You take no precautions then?" She said "No, we notify, how are we supposed to keep kids things separate?" Maybe it was snarky of me but I said "Well you guys are the teachers, you should know how to problem solve." I have heard from other moms that their schools also do nothing to aid in preventing the spread, I was shocked....now that it has happened to me I am pissed. That is total BS. Please, oh please, 'Fairy Tales' spray do your thing!!!!! My head was itching 5 minutes after learning about the outbreak...yuck.






















While the bigs were in school I made an Earthquake cake for dessert tonight. It was really easy and looks sooo good, but is in no way "Skinny" LOL. The base is pecans and coconut.






















Pour on German chocolate cake mix, the some cream cheesy goodness swirled in.

Can't wait to try this!

































If you want to enjoy a little mouthquake here you go....
1 box of German chocolate cake mix...Eggs, water, oil, etc. per cake mix instructions
1 c. pecans halves
1 c. coconut
8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
1 stick of butter (softened)
2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Handful of chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a 9x13 pan and layer the bottom of the pan with the pecans, then the coconut.

Prepare the cake mix as directed and pour batter over the pecans and coconut.

Mix the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and powdered sugar until blended. Drop the cream cheese mix by spoonfuls onto the cake batter and lightly swirl over the top.

Bake for 45-55 minutes. Drop a handful of chocolate chips on top of the cooked cake while it cools.

It was pretty sweet and rich, but delicious!

It hit 90 today, perfect day to meet some friends at the pool. We sure have been spoiled this year, and the kids have really come a long way with enjoying the water.
Little Man jumped into the pool today, with his floatie, he is so brave :)

Ready!

Set!

GOOooooo!!


Way to go Jericho!

We have found 1 way, so far, that Haddie is just like her Momma. She HATES getting in a cold pool. I have to practically force her in so she doesn't sit out and pout about wanting to swim but not being able to. It was 78 in the pool today, even though someone added about 200 gallons of fresh water yesterday, but it does not feel any kind of warm when you first get in. Thankfully after about 5 minutes it does feel comfortable.


He is always over it first. Trying to warm up!

Little cutie.

Xander was away from the sides today and out "swimming" all over the pool. He was so proud and happy...he ended up getting a little too big for his britches.

He asked me if he could practice without his puddle jumper. I told him OK, he took off his life jacket and I told him to stand on the stairs while I swam down to the deep end to get a little kickboard for him to use. I got half way to the board when I heard a bunch of splashing, turned around to see Xander going under the water. I guess he thought he could just jump right in and swim. He was trying to kick and doggie paddle a bit but it wasn't working. He was in the shallow end but totally forgot to stand up. I got to him very quickly and grabbed his hand and pulled him up. He was freaked out, but also thanked me...many times throughout the rest of the day, for saving his life LOL. He told the story of him drowning and me saving him to everyone that was there, even said he was going to tell his teachers tomorrow. Thankfully his little mishap did not sour him on the water completely, but I bet he won't be wanting to take off his puddle jumper again any time soon.
Comic relief, thanks Jericho...at least he didn't throw it in the pool.


Booger.


Xander, did Tristan or Jordan show you this? LOL

Trying to give me a heart attack.


Another beautiful day at the pool. I sadly feel summer is almost over.

A little Xander funny from last night. Jason was getting the boys out of the bath.
From down the hall I hear...

 Xander: Look Dad, I have bubbles under my skin.
 Jason: Well don't push them too hard, you'll need those later.
I had a good idea which bubbles Xander was referring to LOL. I was laughing my butt off.....until Xan came to me for a Q&A session on his bubbles.

No comments: