Wednesday, October 14, 2015

When having farm animals kind of sucks.


 Daryl is so cute...can't wait for him to get all grown up and studly looking.
There is nothing worse on a homestead than when you have an animal come up lame or sick...or of course dead. Belle has been not walking on her right foot for almost 10 days now. Looks like I am going to have to do exploratory surgery on her foot, I don't think anything is broken, and it isn't better yet so it is likely not a sprain...which leaves a bumble. Sometimes a chicken will step on something getting a poke or scratch or thorn and it turns into an infection....you have to slice open the foot and clear it out, yuck. I really don't want to have to do bumble removal...but I am going to give it a try.
Poor girl molting and a bad foot....and I haven't seen a blue egg from her in months. Hopefully we can get her fixed up, through this molt and back in the nest box.
Also on the list a crappy things to happen on the homestead....visits from the sex change fairy. It looks like both my sweet easter egger babies are boys...darn it. They are now looking for a new home. Since we already have two roosters, and want to produce purebred Salmon Faverolle's I have to let these two go. Anyone interested in a couple sweet, beautiful EE roo's??? FREE!



Prince Charming is starting to look like a big boy...he is also starting to act like one, wink, wink. I need to get a little incubator soon.
So handsome...and so far not a mean streak in him. I love Salmon Faverolle's!
Piggies are growing well.
Uni-piggie is starting to get more hair...I think she is so cute. She is the family fave, it helps that she is the only one that rolls over for belly rubs every chance she gets.
Kitsune, always up in the mix. She will be a year old in 10 days, wow, that went fast.

No comments: