Friday, August 19, 2011

Some Mom and Dad fun today!

Jason and I got out of the house today for some fun in the trees, while Grandma spent 12 hours at our house hanging out with Xander, Hayden and Lily. Jericho came along, actually there was a big group of us Uncle Skunk, Auntie Amber, my nephew Tyler, and Amber's aunt and cousins. Amber's mom and dad came along to watch and were nice enough to keep an eye on Jericho for us.
We hit up "Tree to Tree" and had a blast! It is an obstacle course set up high in the trees sprawled out over 26 acres, it has multiple aerial rope courses, zip lines and tree top obstacles. They have a training course then beginner, intermediate, advanced, really advanced and really really advanced courses. They got harder and higher up with every level. I didn't do the last two, but the rest of the group did all of it but the last one. It is very hard work but totally safe, they have a fail proof harness set up so even though I do not like heights at all I was pretty good through most of it. I did commit the cradinal sin and looked down..a couple times, dang were we up high. We spent about 5 hours there and everyone had a great time, hopefully we will head back again this summer...next for sure!


Jason and I modeling our harnesses :)

We really only took pictures on the beginner course...the others we were too busy just trying to make it through LOL.


Almost all of the bridge elements were the wobbley lean too far one way or the other and you fall off rope kind.

The "hand rails" got few and far between as you went up in skill level. I almost fell once, not fell fell, just off a bridge...which would have sucked because then they have to come get you and help you back up.


They had a lot of rock climbing walls thrown in.




My first zip line ride wahoooooo!


You can see a couple of the levels here...as I come zip linning in.


Jericho was a little butt and wouldn't settle down for anyone but me...he did a lot of crying today. Thank goodness the people up in the trees really couldn't hear him that would have been concentration breaking. I came a chilled him out between courses, he passed out on a picnic table LOL.

This is the start of the level I didn't do but the others did. That is Jason climbing up the "junkyard."

Jericho was happy that I stopped and spent the last hour playing with him :)

Jason zip linning over head.


The monkey looked pretty cute in my hat.

There were 3 other camera's in our group so I may have some more pics to post soon!

No comments: