Thursday, May 23, 2013

Finger lickin' chicken.

I can't believe I have never posted this recipe before. Crispy Ranch Chicken!  Quick, easy, delicious...win-win! It has been a long time favorite, the kids even LOVE it!, I somehow forgot to add to my list of dishes we like up above on my What's cookin', Good lookin' page. So here ya go...
You need:
2 cups of rice crispy cereal
1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
1 packet of ranch dressing mix
2 egg whites
8 skinless boneless chicken thighs
 
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
Combine the cereal, parmesan and ranch packet in a large bowl, mix.
In a medium bowl beat the two egg whites.
Dip each piece of chicken in the egg whites and then in the cereal mix, coat well and evenly.
Place on baking sheet and bake until done...usually 20-25 minutes. 1 thigh sets you back about 200 calories and 9 grams of fat.
 
Ready to cook.
Mmm this is so yummy, you will thank me :)

My little Bug lost her second tooth! Of course Haddie is all upset all over again that none of her teeth are falling out.
Looks like the Tooth Fairy will be by with another sparkly dollar :)


Now that vacation and the house remodel are both behind us I get to look forward to moving and getting the triplets FIFTH (what, when, how??) birthday planned.

Speaking of parties, what is the deal with RSVPing? Is it really that hard to call, text or email...heck even a message on Facebook?
Do people know how much planning, work and stress go into a kids birthday party...I mean they must since most often you are inviting your kids friends, so obviously their parents must be in the know, right?
For the love of God RSVP people.
The party hosts would like to know they have enough room for everyone, they would like to know they have enough food to feed your child, they would like to know they have enough goodie bags for everyone so your child isn't left out because you couldn't take 2 minutes to respectfully RSVP.
I am not writing this so much for my parties, I am very lucky and our friends and family do quite well with RSVPing, but I have seen this mess first hand at more that one kids party. It is never good when a little one is crying because they were a goodie bag or a cupcake short.

No comments: