Thursday, February 20, 2014

All in a day.

Have I mentioned how many times in a day my kids make me laugh? Have I mentioned how much I love my life?! As much as I am looking forward to them starting school, an equal part of me is wondering how I will survive it.

Lily Bug, are you pretending to be some character and acting out a scene...or are you ready for an Olympic bicycle race? Who knows, but it is funny LOL!

This girl. That is one of Xander's Spiderman masks she put on inside out and backwards.
I have been wanting to get away from canola and vegetable oils, using just olive and now coconut from here on out. Haven't cooked with it yet....but just getting Jason to buy this for me and even consider phasing out other icky oils is a big step Hahaha.

We made some healthy muffins this morning...and boy do they taste, uh, healthy LOL. Oh well, you can't win them all. The kids seem to enjoy them well enough.


















If you want to make them, you need...

1 large mashed banana
2 cups unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 TBsp ground flaxseed
3 tsp cinnamon
4 cups quick cooking oats
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
We also sprinkled some almond slivers on top.

Preheat the oven to 350. Spray muffin pan or use 18 cupcake liners.

Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Fill the cupcake liners with about 2 TBsp's of the batter each. 

Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
130 calories and 3 grams of fat for 1 muffin.
Just as I popped the muffins into the oven Jericho starts yelling "Help, help, help!" The bigs were in the craft room coloring so I knew they weren't involved in whatever he had gotten himself into....and something told me to bring my camera LOL. The trio also heard him calling for help so they raced me to the boys room...I love that the kids come to each others rescue. 
 This is what we found.

My three year old, with a nose for trouble, had been busy. He pulled out all their storage baskets, stacked 4 of them up and climbed to the top...all to reach the clothes in the closet. When his leaning tower started to topple he got a little concerned LOL. 

He is lucky he didn't break his little fool neck. I honestly don't know how he hasn't broken a bone yet...he has been doing this crap since he was like 11 months old. Remember one of his earliest climbing feats...we saw this, and so much more, coming I think LOL, crazy kid.
The craft room has been getting a lot of use lately, the girls especially love being in there killing tree after tree coloring and drawing to their hearts content. Thank goodness we recycle.

Next up Lily and Xander put these funny things on their heads and told me they were in school. Not sure what the head attire has to do with school but they were having a blast "learning" in school.

This is about when I was pulled into the school game....I was informed that I am the lunch lady. Nice. LOL.

The trio are really looking forward to school...and eating in the lunch room. I haven't had the heart to break it to them that Kindy here is only 3 hours a day and they won't be there for lunch. They are going to be really bummed.


No comments: