Saturday, February 22, 2014

PJ's, dinner and a movie with friends!

The kiddos had big plans for tonight...getting to 4pm, when our friends were due to arrive, was rough. I know there are only 24 hours in a day...but it can sure feel like a lot more than that when you have 4 kids asking you if it is time yet a hundred plus times.

A little funny that happened today.
A couple of motorcycle enthusiasts came over to buy my old riding boots. I step out front to talk with them and a rooster crows from somewhere near by.
The man says "Do you have to listen to that rooster all day?" Without missing a beat I said "I have 4 kids 5 and under, what rooster?"
His wife busted out laughing LOL.

 Mr. Jericho looking extra cute today.

This kids is just the cutest...am I right?! :)

Is it time yet? Are they going to be here any minute?






















No, what do you mean no? :(

Time for a silly break.

Yay, it's time! Our friends Tristan, Jordan, Natalia, and their cousins Liam and Sofie all showed up ready for our PJ's dinner and a movie party. My kids ran and changed on the double. 9 kids...that are 7 and under, what a bunch!

We got them started with some fruit and chips, while Jason finished getting dinner made.

I had to take a picture of this...because I knew it would all be gone by the end of the night. This was already 1 serving for everyone short, so imagine both bowls full of fruit. And yes, by the end of the night all 3 bowls were totally empty. Crazy kids!















How did I handle 9 kids 7 and under...easy peasy LOL ;)
I love this drink...

Malibu bay breeze.
2 oz pineapple juice
2 oz cranberry juice
1 1/2 oz (though mine were more like 2...I like em stiff LOL) Malibu coconut rum
You can also add some Jagermeister and you would have a Surfer on acid...another tasty one, I HATE black licorice so Jager is not usually my fave, but I swear in this you can't taste it. Alas sadly we are regrettably all out of Jager Hahaha.

Jason...grill master, making our FAVE skinny burgers to perfection and talking on the phone, such talent. The Hawaiian teriyaki burgers were a hit, as always.

That is a lot of kids at one table, wow. Can you believe nothing got spilled?

Finally the dessert. The skinny Vanilla bean panna cotta with strawberries went over pretty good. I liked it, it is kind of a strange texture, but the flavor was good.

After dessert Dina had to keep up her tradition of introducing my kids to new sugar delivery systems. First she gave them their first ever ring pops at one of our other get togethers, and today they got their first baby bottle...ring pop like nipple with dipping sugar in the bottle. My kids just love her, they know she brings this sugar stuff. Jericho was stomping around chanting "sugar, sugar, sugar, sugar"...I love when they remember the shows they watch then correctly import them into their lives, this bit is from an episode of The Littlest Pet Shop LOL.

I dipped my finger in the sugar...I am so glad they don't get this stuff very much. The kids sure enjoyed them though.

My girls...look at that sugar glaze they got going on Hehehe.

Once everyone was good and buzzed on sugar, Jason started giving the kids a little wrestling lesson. Dina's boys are in wrestling this year, so they were eager to learn a new move. I hope it works for them!




Fun stuff!



Even Remy and Star got a little love today.


We love you guys...thanks so much for a fun evening, as always!

No comments: