Saturday, July 16, 2011

A little shopping for ME!*

I never shop for myself, but we have that trip coming up next week and I needed a few new things. I didn't want to spend a lot of money so I took some advice and tried something new...well new to me anyway.
Jason's mom is a big fan of the thrift stores, and when my mother's helper, Tabitha, was here she was always telling me about the great finds she would discover at the local Goodwills. I grew up hating these types of stores, so it was hard for me to give them a chance. When you grow up poor you are lucky to shop at stores like this, however the other kids at school mercilessly make fun of your Value Village threads and as a kid you care way too damn much about what other people think of you.
I was really surprised at how nice the stores were though, everything I bought was brand new condition...some still had tags from other stores attached. Two hours later I had 3 pairs of shorts, a pair of pants, a pair of board shorts, 4 tops, a lightweight sweater, 2 belts and 3 pairs of shoes all for about $75! I love my new stuff, and will probably go back again sometime. Above all...it is so flipping nice to not give a damn what anyone thinks about what I wear or where I buy it, man do I wish I was this secure with myself when I was a kid.





Woohoo we have more action in our flower beds :) Thank you Miracle Grow hehehe.




I forgot to add this to yesterday's post. As we were leaving the house for the kids Doctor appts. one of Hayden's new favorite songs came on the radio. She started her head bobbing right away, and was just so cute grooving with the song I had to grab a short video of it :)

No comments: