Saturday, September 14, 2013

Our next "date" needs to be gunless LOL.

I swear the last two or three times Jason and I have gotten some kid free time, target practice has been involved. I love keeping my skills brushed up, but a dinner and movie night would be really awesome LOL.
Today my brothers, sister in laws and nephew B joined us.
B and Rick have their own Utube channel where they do a lot of reviewing of new guns, so we got to see a little video shoot today. They have quite the following on their Beretta9mmUSA channel.

I shot pretty good today, a little rusty at first...and I need to work on keeping my posture leaned more forward instead of letting the recoil push me back, but over all the bad guys were no longer threats.

My brothers shot pro of course.

I have to admit, I think Jason shot better than me today, damn it Hahaha.

I put two mags through my good ol' Sig. I love that gun, have had it since I was a teenager, wish it was not so big so I could carry it more. I did learn from B who is quite informed on all things guns these days, that my Sig is one of the original ones made in West Germany, sweet.


I spent my whole mag, 13 rounds, with pretty quick fire, into the bad guys head.
Only pulled 2 off target, not too shabby.

Tia and Amber shot great as well.

I liked shooting the metal target, that instant gratification of a "ting" with every round was nice. A coat of spray paint between shooters kept it easy to see everyone's groupings.

The XD gave me a little trouble today for some reason, still did good...just could have done a bit better.

AR time. I love this rifle.

Now with the DeltaPoint optic on it, aiming is a breeze...it is almost cheating LOL.

From this far away the old glass jars are the most fun to shoot at.


My bro's.

In other news...the diet is still going good. I am not seeing as much results as I was hoping to by now...but I am down about 5 lbs.

The food is still good, especially now that my stomach is used to eating less. Jason has decided to join me and try to get back into shape a bit. Watch he will end up losing more than me...and faster too.

A couple more yummy recipes we have tried from skinnytaste.com.
Crock pot buffalo chicken lettuce wraps. The kids didn't like this one, it was too spicy for them.

Ingredients:

For the chicken:
  • 24 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
  • 1 celery stalk
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 16 oz fat free low sodium chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup hot cayenne pepper sauce (I used Frank's)

For the wraps:
  • 6 large lettuce leaves, Bibb or Iceberg
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
  • 2 large celery stalks, cut into 2 inch matchsticks

Directions:

In a crock pot, combine chicken, onions, celery stalk, garlic and broth (enough to cover your chicken, use water if the can of broth isn't enough). Cover and cook on high 4 hours.
Remove the chicken from pot, reserve 1/2 cup broth and discard the rest. Shred the chicken with two forks, return to the slow cooker with the 1/2 cup broth and the hot sauce and set to on high for an additional 30 minutes. Makes 3 cups chicken.

To prepare lettuce cups, place 1/2 cup buffalo chicken in each leaf, top with 1/4 cup shredded carrots, celery and dressing of your choice. Wrap up and start eating!
I had mine in a bowl like a big salad...was just as good, and a lot less messy LOL.
1/2 cup of the chicken + veggies is only 148 calories and less than 1 gram of fat.

I also made her skinny ranch...turned out pretty good.
Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup fat free sour cream
  • 3/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
  • 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
  • 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 tsp salt
  • freshly ground pepper
  • 1-2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar (I used 2, next time I make it I will just use 1...or even a touch less)
  • 2 cups 1% low fat buttermilk (I forgot to get buttermilk, so I just used 1 cup of 1% lowfat milk...may be better with the buttermilk but I liked it fine.)

Directions:
In a small bowl or large measuring cup, combine the sour cream, yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic, powder, onion powder, parsley, chives, salt, and cracked pepper. Mix well.
Stir in the white balsamic vinegar; then buttermilk.
Adjust the seasonings to taste, adding another tablespoon of balsamic vinegar if desired. The flavors will become bolder over time.
May take just a little getting used to if you are a ranch lover...but you can't beat 50 calories and 2 grams of fat for a 1/4 CUP....the "lite" version of regular ranch has just about double that for 2 tablespoons, and come on, who really uses only 2 tablespoons?
 
Another good one was the Turkey taco lettuce wraps. The kiddos had theirs in tortilla's.


Ingredients:
1.3 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 small onion, minced
2 tbsp bell pepper, minced
3/4 cup water
4 oz can tomato sauce
8 large lettuce leaves from Iceberg lettuce
Directions:
Brown turkey in a large skillet. When no longer pink add dry seasoning and mix well, I thought it was really nice to make my own mix instead of store bought. Add onion, pepper, water and tomato sauce and cover. Simmer on low for about 20 minutes. Wash and dry the lettuce. Place meat in the center of leaf and top with tomatoes, cheese and salsa or whatever you prefer. Two wraps are 134 calories and 2 grams of fat (toppings extra cals/fat of course...that skinny ranch or a couple tablespoons of fat free sour cream worked for me with some salsa or tabasco.) 
Good stuff!

No comments: