Thursday, April 17, 2014

Easy desserts are best.

My sister in law Tia rocks...totally rocks! She stopped by for a short visit today, and not only did she come and spend a couple hours giving me some grown up interaction LOL, but she brought a bag of goodies with her. I got a great card, beautiful Sunflowers, a bottle of wine, a loaf of bread with some marinara sauce and garlic olive oil for dipping...and a dark chocolate bar. That is pro level right there! Thanks T, you sure did brighten my day...heck, my whole week LOL!

Uncle Scott, Auntie Amber and Miss Hailee came over for dinner too...I am not used to all this activity, but I could get used to it ;)
We made them an old fave, Herb citrus roasted chicken, with a side of roasted red potatoes and asparagus. So good!

I tried a new, not at all skinny, crock pot dessert tonight. It turned out pretty great! Crock pot Banana's Foster.















You need:
1/2 cup butter
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup rum...I used Malibu coconut rum.
7 banana's, sliced
Vanilla ice cream

Direction:
Put the butter and oil in the crock pot, turned on low.

When melted add the brown sugar.

Gently stir in the banana slices and rum.

Cover and cook on low for 1 hour.

Serve over ice cream.

So yummy, and so easy! I plan to use the left overs in the kiddos oatmeal in the morning.


No comments: