Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Daddy went back to work.

Today was Jason's 1st day back to work, after a week of him being home I got too used to it and was not ready to be on my own with all 4 kids. He has been on triplet duty since my Csection, I have lifting restrictions until at least 6 weeks postpartum. The trio are between 35 and 40lbs ea, my limit is supposed to be the baby. We still change them on a changing table and they are still in cribs. It's been 13 days since I took care of the trio on my own...ie did any of the hard stuff LOL. Today I had to get them up on the table twice each, and out of their cribs after nap then put them back at bed time. We got a big step stool so I wouldn't have to bend over, and could just pick them up from eye level and plop them down. I know I shouldn't be lifting them, but I just don't see anyway around it. It went fine until tonight...had some issues pop up, but hopefully everything is OK. Thankfully I have a Doctor's appointment tomorrow.

Other not so fun news, Hayden and Lily woke up with runny noses and what may be the start of a cold. So far Xander seems fine, but I am sure if it is a cold him catching it won't be far behind. Let's just hope the baby and I don't get it!!!

Happy news...the trio are 2 1/2 years old today. WOW time flies, and having a newborn really makes it evident how big my 'babies' are now. They are so amazing!
My big smart kids!
Lily called to me and said "Momma we're building a sandcastle"

Xan was running around with a 'cape' all day.
My ladder setup.

Baby boy...growing too fast!
Xan is very interested in feeding times LOL.

4 comments:

RaeSchuft said...

Yikes! Hope everything is ok! I had Hazel via c-section and cant imagine lifting that much all day... But you're right - what can you do?
Have you tried changing them on the floor? that might cut down on some of the lifting anyway... I change Hazel on the floor because she was having anxiety or something over a fear of falling...
Hope you're ok :)

TripMomma said...

Thanks! I am doing OK, thankfully Jason has Sat., Sun. and Mon. off!

Cyndi said...

Hey if it helps, when I have RA flares instead of picking G up using my hands/arms I just turn my back to him and he wraps his arms around my neck and piggybacks where I need him to go, in and out of the tub, in and out of bed, etc. It took just a little while to get the swing of it, but we're old pro's now. :)

TripMomma said...

That is a really great idea! Thanks for the tip :)