Sunday, July 26, 2015

Two more days of busting our butts.

This is a compilation of the last couple days of work at the new house. We had 1 kid free day to spend 10 hours working, then another day or two with some help from the kids too. Lots of painting for me, thankfully I had help from Scott. Amber and Jason hit the floors hard. Such a slow process, I just want it done and move in ready already.
The colors have been pretty miss on the hit and miss scale. I don't hate them, but only a couple have turned out like the picture of what they were supposed to look like. My bedroom, supposed to be a light gray...but has a lot of blue to the gray.
The greens of both bathrooms are not like I hoped...my bathroom is a little better, it is got a lot of an aqua-ish to it. The guest/kids bath is really minty.
























The living room color turned out good, it is a pewter but a lot lighter than the pewter we used in our last house.
Floors getting done!

Jericho's room all done except for trim and a closet door.
























Minty hall bath, I was going to add some pewter to the green and paint it again, but the color is starting to grow on the lazy side of me that still has a lot of other rooms left to paint LOL.
























Looking tired already boys.

My bathroom color dried pretty nice.
























Mr. Larry getting to work on our new walls. I hope we never have to remodel a house without his help, the man is a true gift.


My kitchen paint looks lighter than I thought it would too...so far Rodda paint is not impressing me much. The colors are fine, just wish they were more like I expected them to be.

Lots of progress today.


This house lacked storage big time, so now we have enclosed the family room to be the girls bedroom, we gave them a closet and we also made a coat closet and a linen closet...plus a little decorative alcove above the linen closet.


Jason and the kids drove out into the front pasture today to take down the big For Sale sign...they had a blast.



Funny how much bigger it makes our property look when you see a pick up truck driving around on it.

The is as zoomed in as my lens gets from the back porch.



The girls helped me paint their two walls that are not under construction.


























They have such an awesome room.

My dining room is shaping up, so glad we knocked down that dinky room...so much more open now.

























Poor Jason...I wouldn't let us go home until this rooms flooring was in...I'm such a slave driver LOL.

No comments: