Sunday, May 29, 2011

Time is flying!

Sorry, some of you may have heard this story before, but I felt like a little trip down memory lane :) This time 3 years ago I was checking into the hospital for a night of observation. I had been having a lot braxton hicks contractions, usually harmless but my Doctor wanted to check them out. I ended up in full blown premature labor that night, lucky thing I was already in the hospital when it happened. There I was, trying to get some sleep in a strange and not entirely comfortable place, when a bunch of nurses busted in my room and started jabbing me with needles. I don't know if it was the meds, or being not quite awake, but I had no clue what the heck was going on. Once I got someone to slow down and tell me I freaked. I held it together until Jason and I were alone for a moment, then I started crying. Jason hugged me and tried to calm me down, telling me it would make things worse for me to be all upset. He was right, I tried to calm down but being 25 weeks pregnant and in labor, that they hadn't been able to stop with 3 different meds, then getting a steroid shot because they were running out of options was a lot to cry over. Thank goodness the 4th med they tried, Magnesium Sulfate, did the trick. Man was that stuff awful, but thank goodness it bought me 6 more weeks. The first 3 or 4 days were touch and go, I ended up getting too much Mag. and couldn't see or use my legs, and man it made me so sick. I can say that was the first time since I was a child that I puked and peed in my bed...and it was at the same time. I can laugh now but it was no fun then. All that and here I am today sending out invites to my babies THIRD birthday party. Whoa, where did the last 3 years go?

The guys got a lot done in the back yard this morning. About 4 1/2 hours of work and the holes for all the fence posts are dug, the posts are in and concrete is drying as I type!

Xander watched from the back door the WHOLE time. Most of the time he had his little hammer hammering away on the glass wishing he was out there with the big boys.

Stopping point for the day. Thanks Grandpa and Pop Pop Randy for all the help!

No comments: