Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Random cuteness.

Yesterday's photo of the day...R is for.
Remote...I swear the adults never get to run it in this house, after the kids the pets get dibs...and he is trying to move in on my snuggie LOL.

Photo of the day...Day 11. Green. I took these pics of Haddie in a green blanket, they were posed but cute anyway. I figured what else would I photo that has green involved.
She is so darling.
And so silly LOL...again with the peace sign.
So I thought I had green covered...then we went to check on the kids before we headed to bed....and found this. Cute baby feet and the green blanket...can't get any better than that.
We have bunk beds in both the girls and the boys rooms. The girls have been sleeping in the same bunk, voluntarily, for months. The boys just started sharing a couple weeks ago. Whatever works for them...can't say I love sleeping alone either LOL.
I just couldn't take the cuteness of Jericho's little foot cozied up next to big brother Xander's foot.

I was tasked with sharing 12 pregnancy facts about me on Facebook last week, here is what I came up with. I could have probably gone on for at least 12 more ;)

 1. After almost 2 years of trying, I finally got pregnant and went in for my first ultrasound at 6 weeks. The Doctor was just looking around and around not saying anything. Jason and I were staring at the screen but had no idea what we were looking for. I started freaking out that the + tests were wrong or that the baby didn't make it. Then finally she comes to a black round spot and says here is one, then she moves to another black round spot and says here is two. Then she stops and looks up at us, she asked how we were doing. I was a smiling fool with tears in my eyes that I was trying to not let fall...we both said we were doing fine. She looked at us for another few seconds then said, you guys I see a third...then she asked Jason if he needed a chair.

 2. I had to have the reduction talk about 4 or 5 times, it was just not for us, I got really ticked that I had to keep talking about it and keep saying no. Even though I was pretty sick for most of the pregnancy (weeks 18-24 were my only "good" weeks LOL) I was so thankful to finally be pregnant. The all day every day sickness, dehydration, being too sick to eat...only to get more sick because I didn't eat, acid reflux, middle of the night leg cramps, and so much more...was all worth it!

 3. I went into preterm labor at 25 weeks. The Doctors ran through 3 different meds trying to stop it. The meds weren't working, so they gave me the first steroid shot and told me Mag was the last thing they could try. I was a mess...I thought for sure that was it. Somehow Mag worked...I couldn't see or walk, but it worked. I lived in the hospital for 6 weeks after that.

 4. At 31 weeks along I was given the choice to stay in the hospital or go home. Not knowing any better, and being so tired of the hospital, I decided to go home. 24 hours later Hayden broke her water (on our couch which caused me a momentary freak out session crying "I'm not ready, I can't do this"over and over...Jason had to about force me out of the house LOL,) and just after midnight at 31 weeks 2 days the triplets were born by Csection. There were about 20 medical people in the room and involved in the CS/caring for the babies. Xander was first out weighed in at 3 lbs 12 oz, Hayden was out second...but born in the same minute as her brother, she was 3 lbs 15 oz. Lily Bug did not want to come out, the Doc had to search for her, she was 3 lbs 7 oz.

 5. The trio were whisked off to the NICU. They were on CPAP, to help them breathe, for 4 days...so we didn't get to hold them until after that. The first 10 days or so were pretty scary, but after that they were more feeders and growers. Hayden came home first at 26 days old, then Lily at 33 days and finally Xander at 35 days old. I LOVED our NICU/hospital and staff...we were so lucky to be close enough to go there.

 6. I gained around 85 lbs in my 31 weeks of pregnancy, lost pretty much all of it in 6 months.

 7. We had quicker success when we tried for our second pregnancy. Being pregnant with just 1 baby was really nice. I got dehydrated again, but other than that I wasn't sick at all. The acid reflux didn't show up until near the end too...which still sucked but at least I didn't have to deal with it as long.

 8. I went full term with Jericho, he was born at 39 weeks 5 days. I tried to have a VBAC, but even after 12 hours of low dose Pit...and starvation, Jericho didn't cooperate. So ended up with a repeat CS the next morning, New Year's Eve.

 9. He was 8 lbs at birth and had no complications at all.

 10. I gained 38 lbs with Jericho, lost most of it within a few months. I was one of the lucky ones that breast feeding seemed to help with weight loss.

 11. The triplets were not quite 2 1/2 when Jericho was born...having 4 kids in diapers was nutty

 12. I would love to have one more pregnancy.

Ut oh!
Percy had his first accident. He was on the ceiling fan today, Xander was throwing a ball around and accidentally knocked Percy to the floor. Everyone froze. For those not up on their Elf rules, rule numero uno is that you never touch the Elf. Hayden started yelling "Nobody touch him" LOL, Xander took off to his room...worried about his gift quota I'm sure Ha. I grabbed a sock and carefully got Percy into it without touching him. Xander came out to apologize to Percy, he kept asking me if he was going to be OK all night.
Tomorrow the kids will find Percy fine, but sporting a neck brace and a couple bandages :)

No comments: