Thursday, April 19, 2012

The incredible edible...crescent roll and compensation.

If not for Pinterest I would never have known just how versatile the crescent roll is LOL. Today the trio helped make another quick and easy dessert featuring our friend the crescent roll, chocolate chips and mini marshmallows...how could you go wrong?!

Ready to get started on our little s'mores treats.



















You need a can of crescents, 2 tbsp melted butter, some cinnamon and sugar, chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.

Lightly coat both sides of the crescents with the melted butter and cinnamon and sugar. Put about 10 mini marshmallows and 20 chocolate chips in each then roll em up. I tried to close up the ends so none would escape. Bake per the instructions on the crescents. Mmmm Mmmm good!

















Our little OCD child, Haddie, had to count out each marshmallow and chocolate chip...painfully slowly LOL.

















Xander and Lily, were much quicker. We had a few marshmallow and chocolate chip casualities hahaha.



















I just may want to slap myself, sooner rather than later, over doing this to myself. I thought it would be cute to introduce my kids to the word, and meaning, of "compensation."
Now when I ask for help cleaning up I have to bribe them with "compensation." Hayden even comes up to me tonight while I was cleaning and said "can I help you for compensation?" LOL I hope I haven't created little monsters...at least they still work for pennies :)

Their piggy banks are getting fuller, Hayden's especially...she is all over this compensation thing; Lily and Xander are a little more lazy in the chore area :) We have a cup of change at the ready.

No comments: