Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Taste in music starts early

My mother was "advanced maternal age" by the time she had me and my little sister...she was VERY late 30's with both of us, my sister and I are only 17 months apart. She was never a "cool" or "hip" mom, she didn't say things the way our friends moms did...for instance we were never grounded but put on restriction. I believe to this day that her taste in clothes and the crap she made us wear is what caused us to be uncool in school LOL I am thankful for the music she listened to though. It was a lot of old timer music, Tom Jones, Neil Diamond, Harry Belafonte and the like. I actually liked it, still do, though back when I was a teen I would never admit to it. Back then the cool stuff I liked was Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Michael and Janet Jackson etc. Add in my older brother's music influence of Air Supply, Queen, REO Speedwagon, Billy Joel an other 80's favorites. Throw in a lot of country and I had a well rounded taste in music. Here I sit today introducing the babies to Mr. Belafonte. Seems the cycle is repeating hahaha I swear I will not say they are on restriction or make them wear lame outfits! The trio are huge music fans and seem to like almost everything. We often put the TV on the different music channels and they dance and head bob while they play :)

It's starting to feel a lot like Christmas

The trio practice their opening skills LOL



Here I am getting closer to my weight loss goal!!

No comments: