Thursday, May 2, 2013

Easy Disney shirts on the cheap.

I saw a great idea on Pinterest to make something for me and Jason to wear to Disney, but this craft calls for bleach...so I did it solo. Before I kicked the kiddos outside to play for a while so I could work on the shirts I let them help me make a batch of cookies. They turned out awesome!















INGREDIENTS:
1 package (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup Greek yogurt, reduced-fat or whole
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cups unsifted flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt (we don't add salt to anything)
1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional I used almonds)

DIRECTIONS:
 Stir flour with baking soda and salt; set aside.
In large mixing bowl, beat butter and yogurt with sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy and lightened in color.
Add eggs and vanilla, one at a time.
Mix on low speed until incorporated.
Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture.
Stir in nuts (if using) and chocolate chips.
Chill dough in the refrigerator for an hour.
Heat oven to 375ºF.
Measure out dough with a small 2-teaspoon cookie scoop onto ungreased or parchment-lined cookie sheets.
Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.

Now on to the Tshirts. First I grabbed some cardboard and a couple things I could use to trace circles. I held the differents objects up to myself to get the size I wanted.
I gathered all my supplies, and was ready to get to work.
I mixed 3/4 cup of bleach with 1/4 cup of water. Grabbed some paper bags (to place inside the shirt so the bleach wouldn't bleed through to the back,) a couple Qtips and an old toothbrush.
 
Place the cardboard circles...in the famous Mickey Mouse shape, on the Tshirt...then trace around it with a Qtip soaked in the bleach solution. You will have to keep redipping as you go and it dries out.
Jason picked this color...I would suggest something darker, there is just not much the bleach can do to give you the contrast you need.

Jericho checking to make sure I'm working hard.

I did my shirt next.

Once I traced around the mouse head I used the toothbrush. Just dip it in the solution then splatter the tshirt by running your finger over the bristles. You can also brush the tshirt a little too.
I also used a dipped Qtips to write "BELIEVE."


Mine turned out cute...we will be making Jason another one, in a darker color. Cheap, easy, and fun...score!

No comments: