Monday, January 1, 2018

Is winter over yet?

Holidays are done...I am ready to put all the decorations away. Gotta get through Jericho's birthday party then I am done with Holidays, parties and all the prep work for a while.
This time of year is hard up at the farm, the weather sucks, the snow, ice and wind wreak havoc on our fencing and I just hate being outside in it.

I look forward to Spring so much...this year is no different. We have 8 does that hopefully will be kidding lots of cute baby goats this April and May.

I also have a new piglet joining our small herd in February. Her name will be Tootsie...isn't she cute! I am also on the lookout for a breeding age gilt or sow to add this Winter or Spring.

I had to give some meds to one of our big pigs today, never had to do that before. Good thing he wasn't feeling well, I know no other time a hog would just stand still and let you jab him with a needle...twice. Thankfully we caught him feeling off quickly and I expect he will be good as new in a day or two.
Six month old bunnies...the last litter born last year. Almost time to get the baby buns cranking again...we are one of the few breeders that take winters off and prefer Spring, Summer and Fall breedings.

No comments: