Saturday, May 22, 2021

Our first show.

I was up for almost 24 hours for the show and drive to and from. When I entered I had no idea it was going to be such a huge show, not what I had planned for our very first show experience LOL. There were 137 senior Nigerian does, 94 baby Nigerian does and 37 Nigerian bucks. They had classes with over 40 goats in a class...the show was like a mini national. I’m super proud of the two goats I brought. With pretty much zero training or experience my little GloZell managed to make the top 10 cut in 2 of the 3 shows, being placed as high as 6th out of 15 I think. I only showed Spicoli once, he got a 4th placing I think there were 7 or 8 in his class. We had been there since 6 am and it was 10 pm at night and we had a 2 1/2 hour drive home I couldn’t wait for the other 2 buck classes we were entered in so we headed home before the show was over. All in all good it was a looonnnggg, cold day of a lot of waiting around but a lot of fun too. I'm not sure who came up with the idea farm animals should be shown by people dressed head to toe in white but it's a head scratcher...at least I managed to stay pretty clean LOL.











 

No comments: