Tuesday, August 22, 2023

The old and the young.

Wish it was always fun and games when you have a bring your dog to work day. The old man is struggling, we sent off a cancer screening test and I’m not expecting good news. My gut is telling me our time is limited. He will be 9 next month, too young to look like an old tired man. He is normally 70 lbs. when we took the masses off he was 60 and I was shocked histo came back no cancer. Now he is 50 lbs just 3 1/2 months later. Ravenously hungry eating 2 cups am and 2 pm like he always has. He is losing muscle mass…even in his skull. He has had x-rays and CBC CHEM done twice in the last 3 1/2 months but not seeing masses in chest or abdomen. He is just shrinking away. I hope the cancer screening gives us an answer…even if it’s bad. I will not let him suffer. If this continues without cause I will put him down even if I don’t know what is going on. 


In happier news, Orla has about 8 days to go!! I will be x-raying for a count soon.







No comments: