Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Goodbye to my protector.

Today was the day, I knew it was coming. Good journey Lycan. I would say rest easy but anyone who knew him knows that is not likely LOL. He was a fun dog, never quit, and loved me with his whole heart. He never took his eyes off me. He made me feel safe. Goodbyes suck. Lycan had been declining for a good 6 months. Major weight loss despite eating 5 cups of food a day. We had done 2 rounds of x-rays looking for internal masses as cancer was the thought. We also did 2 rounds of CBC Chems, we did a cancer screening blood test, we did an ACTH stem test, tested for EPI and Thyroid issues, took a lump off and had histo done...everything came back normal. He was 52 pounds today...normally he is around 70. He was starting to get weak and had yellowing showing up so his liver was starting to be involved. It sucks not having an answer despite looking in every direction we could. We will miss you Psycho Lyco. 



No comments: