Friday, December 3, 2010

Now I am a full fledged parent.

Last night was crazy, I had to call poison control for the first time....first off everyone is OK. I hate when Jason doesn't listen to me, it doesn't happen too often but when it does it usually doesn't turn out well. Xander has figured out how to unzip his crib tent, he doesn't do it every night/nap but often enough. Once the tent is unzipped he then pulls the diaper changing station over to his crib and tries to grab whatever he can reach. I had just moved it to the middle of the floor today because he did it at nap time. I told Jason until we figure something out it needs to be out of his reach. What do I hear from him "well you must be closing it wrong, he never gets it open when I do it" yeah right...because a fvcking zipper is hard to figure out how to close right. Whatever. So he put them to bed last night and then went to work. A few hours later I hear noise from in there and go to check. Jason had moved the thing back and Xander had gotten Jason's much better zip job open and had everything pulled in with him. Little hair ties, Lily's inhaler, and the Desitin. I could see white stuff every where and smell it on his breath, I look at the tube and it says if ingested call poison control. Lucky for us the lady said he should be just fine, he would have to eat a lot to cause harm...which I don't think he did. I was so pi$$ed, my phone call to Jason was not a nice one. Xander was upset too because I took everything away and put him back to bed. Grrrrr.

Like this week hasn't been hard enough dealing with poor Lily who has been constipated for 4 or 5 days. She has been just miserable and crying about every hour. The Pedi told us to give her Miralax twice a day, after doing so for two days we saw nothing. We called earlier last night and they said to try an enema and if that didn't work go to the ER. Jason went out to buy the enema and Lily pooped while he was gone. I think the threat of the enema was what did it LOL. We still have to max dose her on the miralax for 3 months to try and keep things moving and so it doesn't hurt thus making her hold it which then makes her constipated. Poor baby.

She did something funny this morning. Don't ask me how someone who has been stopped up for 4 or 5 days gets diaper rash but she did...and it's a pretty bad one. Jason was changing her first thing this morning and, as she has been since this whole poop battle 2010 has been going on, she started fussing as soon as he got her diaper off. Jason started to wipe her off, very gently, but she screamed anyway. She was not poopy so he decided to cut the wiping short. He told her "OK baby we will stop and put some medicine on it" Miss Bug says back to him "because I'm cute" LOL Jason said "no because you are clean already" Lily said "yeah because I'm cute" hehehe!
Now that she is getting back on schedule and feeling better our playful sweet chatterbox is back..I am so glad. The girls were having fun helping O.J. take a nap today, he is such a patient kitty LOL.
Lily insisted on the bow...she kept saying "my pretty....I have pretty hair" :)
Of course need to add a pic of the trouble make...he is lucky he is so cute!

In other news...
I am 35 weeks 5 days today and had a Doctor appt., everything looks good. Baby boy is 6 1/2 lbs with a HR of 158, and he is still head down! I can't believe he is already a pound to a pound and a half bigger than the trio when they came home from the NICU at a month old. His head was measuring 37 weeks 5 days, so 2 full weeks ahead, his belly was almost 1 week ahead and his legs were a week to a week and a half ahead. I am 1cm dilated and a bit soft. My appt's are now weekly and next Friday if I am a bit more dilated and the Doctor is able he will strip my membranes. He doesn't think I will make it to the 31st, so it's looking like I will get to try for my VBAC! Baby was resting most of the time with his hand for a pillow so it was hard to get a good pic. We did get to see a lot of breathing and that he has hair. From what we could see of his face he looks to us to have Xander's nose and lips...I can't wait to see what he really looks like!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Love the belly pics in the post after this one! We had issues with one of our kiddos tummy not working and took her to a chiropractor and he just felt up her back and when she winced he clicked on that spot with his activator and she's been going like clockwork since. Hope that helps!

TripMomma said...

Thanks Angela, that is very interesting. Hope you all are doing well!