Saturday, July 30, 2011

Still no swimmers.*

I was hoping this summer the triplets would be much more comfortable in their puddle jumpers and would just jump right in. I often wonder, and sometimes worry, that having an extremely cautious momma will make for little scaredy cat kids. Well they sure seem to be scaredy cats around water at least, but if there was any area that I am not broken up about the kids being overly cautious its the water. I wish I knew how to make them feel a little more at ease, especially since they have the puddle jumpers on.
We hit up Grandma's pool today for the first time this summer, and there seems to be no change from last year in the kids comfort in the water. They will play on the stairs into the pool but will not go anywhere they can't touch...even holding their hands is not good enough, they have to cling on to us with everything that they've got.
Hayden may have even taken a small step back, she was leaning over trying to grab a ball out of the pool and fell in. Jason and I were both right there, and she had her puddle jumper on, but she freaked and didn't want to get back in after that. I have to say, it was so scary to see her fall in, I mean I knew she would be fine...we were both watching her from maybe 6 feet away and Jason had her out a couple seconds after she fell in, but it was like a nightmare. Once she was fine all I could think about was every little one that fell in while reaching for a damn ball or toy and were not pulled right out. Breaks my heart. Pool safety reminder #999999999...pools are DEADLY, never forget that for a second.
We did have a lot of fun today though!



Dad had a little too much fun with the water cannon.

No makeup today, yikes, but little man looked too cute to pass up some pics!

He loved the water, especially splashing everyone.


He needs to grow into this floaty a little more, but he dug it too.



Ah Xander. By the end of our 7 hours at the pool I think all the neighbors learned his name. The kid can not listen or stay out of stuff, I felt like half my time was spent telling Xander no, then doing the 1,2,3,4,5 count down for compliance and finally chasing him down to enforce my request. I love him, but damn....

Cute lil Monkey :) I fear he is already following in his big brothers menacing footsteps, help me LOL!

Hayden ready for some luch.


So adorable when he is sleeping :)

Taking a wee break after lunch, though I am pretty sure the whole wait an hour after you eat has been proven to be an old wives tale hehehe.

They spent a little time running through the sprinkler too.


The kids were good and worn out, they all passed out in the car on the way home..and it is only a 5 min drive back to our house. That was record setting timing LOL.

Jericho was getting some more crawling practice in today. The boy does not sit still for a second these days.

A little wrestling on the floor.

Bug joined us...I caught her elbow to a tender spot and declared her winner. She is small but fiesty, she and Xander wrestle the most, seems he is already trying to toughen her up.
A couple short videos of Mr. Jericho crawling...look at him go!

No comments: