Sunday, January 8, 2012

Meet Haddie!

I am trying to get a jump start on Valentine's Day. I have even already got Jason a card and a little gift...go me! We got a start on our Valentine's crafts today too, fun fun fun! The trio colored paper that I cut into strips and made into a wreath.


Funny enough, washable markers are not as washable as the washable paint.


Silly boy.


Next we did some pom pom and tissue paper hearts. All the empty diaper boxes do come in handy.


Finished products!




Awww!


Jericho insists on climbing up on the couch and jumping...he is trying to give me a heart attack.


This is the start of my boys wresting, I think this will go on for many many many years!


It is actually always the little one that starts it LOL!




OK everyone meet Haddie :) 
Jason and I are not huge on nicknames, but every now and then it's nice to have little term of endearment names.

Lily has 'Lily Bug' , 'Bug' , 'Lil'. Xander has 'Xan' , 'Xan-Man' , 'X'. Even Jericho, while we do not like Jerry and will never call him that, I can see us using 'J' every now and then.

Hayden has never really had one, so I racked my brain and came up with 'Haddie'. I looked it up and it is a dim. for Hadden, which is really close to Hayden, and the meaning is "Home ruler" which totally fits our little bossy pants. So Hayden now has a fitting "nickname," though she is not too sure about it..she keeps telling me she is Hayden LOL. It also makes me happy to give her an "out" of the "'den" trend.
We did not really research the names we picked for popularity, or over use, or if they were super trendy or even unliked. Now that our kids are already named I know that all the 'den names...Jayden, Ayden, Kaden, Brayden etc. are really over used and somewhat, OK flat out, disliked by many. So now our little Haddie has options :)


Jason has had some help with his leg workouts lately.

No comments: