Sunday, May 11, 2014

My day!

The girls (with some help from their Dad and brothers) made me breakfast this morning...and it was fabulous! They had been telling their Dad for weeks that they wanted to make me breakfast in bed...such sweet girls, I'm not looking forward to the tweens, I am going to miss my girls so much. I was still sleeping, but Jason was nice enough to take some pictures of the process for me LOL.

This were going well...seemed all hygienic and everything.

Until they pulled out the whip cream...note to guests, you may not want to partake of the whip cream at my house. I love how Jason just let them go nuts...and didn't show me the pics until after I ate. I would have totally eaten my breakfast anyway...it was awesome!

Everyone took turns helping, and sampling.



You too Lily. A little Bug funny from today...I was on the couch with her, pretending to eat her toes. As she is squirming and screaming she says "No Momma! It's Mother's Day and I just gave you a breakfast you liked and chocolate strawberries too!"


Thanks guys...I love being your Momma so much!

My breakfast was so good. Nutella stuffed french toast!
So easy, 5 year olds can do it ;)

You need....Texas toast bread, nutella, and how ever you like to make your french toast mix. "Butter" the Texas toast with the nutella, like you are making a sandwich. Place two slices together like a sandwich, then dip it in the french toast mix...making sure to coat it well on both sides. Cook it like you would regular french toast. Top with sliced strawberries and whip cream. So so so so yummy!!

I got another Shari's Berries delivery today...Jason said he asked the kids what they wanted to get me and it was their idea, they know me well...and they know I share ;)

OK so I will share the strawberries...but they are SOL on the cheesecakes LOL.

Fabulous!

Dinner tonight was a crock pot masterpiece.
Cranberry BBQ chicken...with a sweet chili sauce twist.
Super super easy...
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (we like thighs, breast are always much drier to me, but this time we actually used breast...yup, prefer thighs LOL)
1C BBQ sauce
1C cranberry sauce
Opt. sweet chili sauce (we didn't add it to the crock pot because the kids don't like it, just added a couple table spoons each on top of our servings...made the dish!)

Place everything in the crock pot and cook on low for 4 hours.

 We had it with a couple fave sides roasted red potatoes and asparagus, and garlic cheddar biscuits.

What a wonderful day, I did a whole lot of nothing, and it was just what I needed LOL.
Happy Mother's Day to all you Momma's out there! Love your little people...and yourselves. :)

No comments: