Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Bathroom done, and fun with leaves.

Our little mini bathroom upgrade is done...so much better! Getting that big cabinet out and putting up the two shelves makes it feel so much bigger! I like the new color...it is very calm LOL. I am also glad to be done with glass shower doors, at least for a while.
The medicine cabinet actually holds a lot of stuff....why didn't we have one of these before? Oh yeah, I didn't like them...silly me.
The kiddos used the leaves we collected at their school last week to make a fun turkey craft today. When I was going through them we found a stowaway LOL.

















The leaves lost a lot of their color since I forgot to press them right away. Oh well, they still did the job.
We used some old cardboard for the body and head circles. First we painted the head circle and set it aside to dry. Then we glued the leaves in two rows, short first then taller ones behind. Good ol Elmer's wasn't really cutting it, hot glue may have done a better job. I just added some packing tape to make sure the leaves all stayed in place.



Once all the leaves were on we painted the body circle.


















Then we painted the eyes, beak, wattle and some feathers.

















All done, they turned out really cute!

















The girls were walking around with them pretending to be turkey's.

No comments: