Monday, November 5, 2012

Why don't I do more black and white pics?

I have re-weeded my photo folder that I want to print for a big photo wall....once we live in a house with a big wall perfect for a zillion pictures that is :) I now have it down to 40-ish, not too bad since I started with 260 possibles HA. I decided to try to make some of the photo's black and white...it really does give some pictures that extra umph. I don't know why I don't go black and white more often.

On a couple pics I even kept a little of their color...kinda neat trick! 


One I did the little color trick to a few years ago.

Some really old pics of the trio when they were teeny tiny.



I didn't take these two...but they look fab in black and white! I wish I knew how I could get my black and whites more rich like these pics. There is so much I still don't know how to do on Photobucket.




 

Now to add a little color to this post. Tonights dinner...Crock pot Pork Chops! They were fabulous!
4 thick cut pork chops
1/4 C brown sugar
1/2 tsp cayenne powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
2-3 C apple juice.
 
1. In a bowl combine the brown sugar and spices (salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika and garlic powder or whatever spice blend you like).
2. Remove the pork chops from their package and rub the brown sugar/spice mix all over both sides. Use all of the spice mix.
3. Pour apple juice in crock pot, add chops...cook on low for 6-8 hours.
 
Don't mind the A1...they didn't need it at all, I just love the stuff :)

No comments: