Thursday, September 12, 2013

Oh summer, is this goodbye?

Yesterday hit 97, we suffered through it at home, today we hit up Grandma's pool! Of course it didn't get into the 90's today, but it was still a beautiful day for fun in the water.

The kiddos started off with a little homegrown raspberry snack. I love this picture...may have to add it to my growing list of prints I want on canvas, if my hubby ever puts an end to my canvas freeze that is.


Having a hard time waiting for Daddy to vacuum the pool first.

Sweet Bug.

Miss Hayden Cheyenne...help us LOL.

Still killing time, our little gardeners picked some of Grandma's bell peppers.


How did he get so cute?!

More fruit while they wait....the 4 of them demolished this entire thing, without any help, in about 10 min.


OK...time to go swimming!
My little loves...how fortunate am I?!
Jason insisted on Hayden getting in the pool...beyond the stairs. She screamed bloody murder, then when it was Xanders turn he did the same. I wonder how their swim classes are going to go LOL.


I even got in the pool today, which is why I look like hell...no makeup, felt like a little exercise today. Brrr the first 2 minutes were not comfortable. My little swimmer Lily didn't seem to mind. Until she started turning purple later. 

Just what I needed to warm up. Yes, Lily gets it from me....I'm a nose plugger too. Why do I always wait until they are sold out to try and find nose plugs, it is so much easier to swim with two hands LOL.

My brother Rick and nephew B joined us. A little try to conk your family on the head game...always fun.

The non water lovers were our out of bounds ball chasers for the hour or so we played.

Hahaha Hayden.

Rock it Haddie!

Grub time...Dina and her Irish trio joined us just in time :)

My crew was so happy to see Tristan, Jordan and Natalia.
 
We have our own little class over here.
 
More pool time. Not for me, it was starting to cool down fast. This may be summer telling us goodbye, usually by mid September the rain is back :( Our dear friends Nick, Lisa and their cutie Kenzie joined us for a chilly dip in the pool and some ice cream dessert.
 
This was the start to the best picture of the day. Xander, Jordan, Jericho and Natalia sat on this alligator toy all by themselves. I noticed them just as Haddie was heading over to join them.

 
Then I asked Lily if she would get on too.
 
Then Tristan and Kenzie joined in. I never knew that Alligator was built for 8. So awesome!
 
Almost time to go...6 hours of fun and everyone was ready for bed when we got home.
I did pretty good, and didn't cheat too much on my diet. I had this instead of hot dogs and chips. And as hard as it was for me I skipped the ice cream, GASP...I might have a fever LOL.
Asian Turkey Meatballs With Lime Sesame Dipping Sauce.
They were pretty tasty, and only 230 calories and 11g fat for 3 meatballs.

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup panko crumbs
  • 1-1/4 lbs 93% lean ground turkey
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp ginger, minced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 3 scallions, chopped
  • 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
  • 2 tsp sesame oil
Dipping Sauce

  • 4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
  • 2 tsp sesame oil
  • 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
  • 2 tbsp water
  • 1 tbsp chopped fresh scallion
Preheat oven to 500°F.

Mix ground turkey, panko, egg, salt, scallions, ginger, cilantro, 1 tbsp soy sauce, and 2 tsp oil and mix with your hands until combined well. Shape 1/4 cup meat mixture into a ball and transfer to a baking dish. Repeat with remaining mixture. Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.

For the dipping sauce mix together lime juice, water, soy sauce, and remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in a bowl. Add scallions.

Transfer meatballs to a serving dish. Stir sauce, then drizzle meatballs with 1 tablespoon sauce.

Serve meatballs with remaining sauce, about 1 tbsp per person. Chances are you won't use all the dipping sauce.

Makes about 12 meatballs.

No comments: