Sunday, September 15, 2013

Candids, Catsuits and Cheesy goodness!

My sister got married back in May, all 6 of us flew out to Vegas to be there. I, being photo crazy, took a bunch of pictures of my sisters big day. She of course had a real pro taking some amazing photos too...I got some of the candids that my munchkins were in today. I love them!

Little Man, too cute for your own good ;)
Big smiles with Daddy!
This one is so sweet...sisters.
My beautiful Miss Lily.

Jericho and Hailee cutting a rug LOL.



Daddy and Bug dance.























Lily keeping the party hardy!























Just about the end of a very long, very fun day....our littlest party animal is getting pooped out.























My Catwoman costume arrived. I would still like to drop another 10 lbs before Halloween, but it fit!!! The pictures are courtesy of Lily :)

Meow!

Made probably my fave, so far, skinnytaste recipe today...OH YUM!
Spinach stuffed shells with meat sauce. Since I am on a low cal low fat method of torture diet, I felt like I hadn't had cheese in forever...and this has THREE kinds!

















Ingredients:
27 (9 oz) Barilla Jumbo Shells
1 cup onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tsp olive oil
1 lb 99% lean ground turkey
32 oz crushed tomatoes
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
salt and pepper
2 cups part skim ricotta cheese
8 oz reduced fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 egg
16 oz package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed well
1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano

Directions: Boil water and cook shells according to package directions, make sure to make them al dente.
Meanwhile, saute onions and garlic in oil. Add turkey and salt and brown until cooked, breaking up in small pieces. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and basil, then simmer on low, covered, about 15 minutes.

Preheat oven to 375°.
In a large bowl, mix together ricotta, egg, spinach, mozzarella, and parmesan.

Once shells are cooked and cool, fill each shell with (about 2 tbsp) cheese mixture and place on a large baking dish, or two smaller dishes, covering the bottom of the dish with a little sauce.

Top shells with half of the sauce, cover with foil and bake 40 minutes; uncover foil and bake 5 more minutes.
361 calories and 13 grams of fat for 3 shells. It was so yummy...I'm glad there are left-overs :) This does make quite a bit, I guess it freezes well. Freeze after stuffing the shells, before baking them.

Mmm fabulous...try it, you can thank me later LOL.






No comments: