Thursday, October 24, 2013

Carving fun!

Oh man, I am so glad Halloween is right around the corner, I'm ready to loosen the reins a touch on my path of starvation and torture diet. I am starting to get a smidge tired of my "skinny" only diet....I want to cheat so bad. The "skinny" food is still good and all, it is just I have had next to nothing else for...oh about 54 days now. I am almost 15 lbs down, so it is working...but getting a little dull. I think I just need to allow myself a real...AKA bad for you, burger or some junk food every now and then, that should help.
We tried a new one today...Skinny turkey burger quesadilla. They were good. 
You need:
1 lb lean ground turkey
1 cup pico de gallo
1 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar jack cheese
8 small whole wheat flour tortillas, cut smaller if desired
spray oil
pepper

Directions:
-Form 4 flat patties, as thin as you can. Season with salt and pepper. -Heat a pan to medium-high heat; when hot, lightly spray the pan with oil and add the burgers.
-Cook burgers about 2 minutes on each side or to your liking. Set aside.
-Clean the pan and heat on medium heat. Lightly spray with oil and place 4 tortillas on the pan (if your pan is small, you can do one at a time).
-Place 2 tbsp cheese on each tortilla, then 2 tbsp pico de gallo.
-Top with burger, then remaining 2 tbsp pico de gallo and 2 tbsp cheese on each.
-Place the other tortilla on top; flip and cook until the cheese melts on the other side.
This will run you about 320 calories and 14 grams of fat for 1. 


We served these with the skinny sweet potato fries.
After dinner the girls got a chance to carve their 1st pumpkins. Hayden picked out a cute Hello Kitty, and Lily picked an owl. Neither came out perfect LOL.
The girls got to do a lot more hands on helping. They were pretty good about sawing down straight lines.
I think next year instead of letting everyone pick small pumpkins, we will got half and half with the large pumpkins. I think the designs the kids wanted would have worked better on bigger pumpkins.
Nice work ladies, nice work.


Not perfect, but still cute.

No comments: