Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Much needed energy burn.

Today was so nice, chilly...but no rain or wind, so we decided to take advantage of it and got our crazy cooped up kiddos out of the house. They really needed it, and so did Jason and I honestly.

This was our first time hitting up this park, it was about a 15 or so minute walk from our house. It is practically brand new, and tucked in a semi private location so I guess it doesn't get a ton of people. We were there for over two hours and only saw 6 or 7 other kids, which is pretty low for a nice Fall day.

The munchkins scattered everywhere. They had a blast, boy did they need to burn off some energy!
So much fun!
It was a sweat shirt and hoodie kind of day.

The park had a lot of cool pieces to the play structures that we hadn't seen at other parks. Lots of spinning, make you dizzy pieces.

I remember getting in trouble when we visited my mom at work as kids and spun around and around in the office chairs....I should have invented this!

Lily climbed up to see a Ladybug that was sitting at the top.


More spinning fun.

Jason went easy on the little guy :)

Aww smooch.
A cool take on a merry go round.

I'm so glad Jason was with us...he has so much more energy and brute strength than I do. These kids are heavy!
Wonder why the kids are pretty much laying down on it?
This thing is harder than it looks. I tried twice to sit on it without holding on and told Jason to spin it. I straight fell off on my butt both times LOL.
Haddie and I took a spin on this thing. Oh my gosh does it get going FAST.

Ahhhhh!


Such a fun afternoon :)





It has been 5 weeks of eating healthy, almost entirely stuff from my new BFF site Skinny Taste, and I am down about 10 lbs +/-. I think we have only had "fast food" (healthy options for Jason and I) 3 times and no soda or junk food. I am a chocolate and ice cream lover, so I have had some skinny cow here and there to keep me from totally losing it LOL. I really love using Myfitnesspal, keeping track of everything I eat or drink and seeing the calorie and fat totals really really helps me stay where I am supposed to. I have about 3 more weeks until Halloween...and my first goal, must stay strong.

The tasty food we have been eating thanks to Skinny Taste is beyond helpful...especially getting Jason to stick with it too.
Tonight's dinner was Thai chicken and pineapple stir fry.
















You need:
  • 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 1 tbsp Thai Kitchen fish sauce
  • 2 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 tbsp oil, divided
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 tsp minced ginger
  • 2 cups cubed assorted colors bell peppers (1/2-inch cubes)
  • 1 red chili pepper, chopped (optional or to taste)
  • 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
  • 1/2 cup Thai Kitchen Pineapple & Chili dipping sauce
  • cilantro leaves (for garnish)

Directions:

Mix chicken and fish sauce in medium bowl. Add cornstarch; toss to evenly coat. Set aside.

Heat 1/2 tablespoon of the oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add garlic and
ginger; stir fry 30 seconds. Add bell peppers, chili pepper if using and pineapple; stir fry 3 to 5 minutes or until peppers are tender-crisp. Add sauce; cook and stir until heated through. Remove from skillet.

Heat remaining oil in the skillet. Add chicken; stir fry 5 minutes or until cooked through. Return bell pepper mixture to skillet; stir fry until well blended. Garnish with cilantro. It is 206 calories and 5 grams of fat for 1 and a 1/4 cup. Serve it over rice or noodles (extra cals and fat of course.)
It was fabulous!

It is about time to get started on the girls Firestar costumes. I couldn't find yellow leotards or tights, so we dyed our own.


This was my first time dying anything...and of course I screwed it up. The box said 30 minutes, but that was a bit too long...some of our stuff ended up a bit more gold than yellow, but I don't think the girls will mind....just bothers their slightly perfectionist Momma Hahaha.

No comments: