Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I need a break.

 Jason has been working his butt off over at the new house, me I have been doing what feels like the single parent thing for the last 2-3 weeks. Between work and the remodel the poor kids are missing their Dad...and so am I LOL. At this point I would rather be getting filthy, tired and sore working on the remodel. I need a break...my Momma patience is starting to wear thin and fray. I don't know how all the real single Momma's out there do it...you have my admiration.
 Thankfully I get my wish tomorrow, a whole 8 hours out of the house...I have never looked so forward to painting before LOL.

It was another crock pot masterpiece for dinner....and NEWS FLASH, all 4 kids actually liked this one...score!
Chicken ranch tacos!
1 lb boneless skinless chicken
2 cups fat free chicken broth
1 packet dry ranch mix
1 packet taco seasoning mix
+ what every you like on your taco.

Put chicken, broth, taco seasoning and ranch seasoning into a crock pot and cook on low for about 4 hours. Shred with a fork.


They turned out fantastic!


I also tried the Crock pot cobbler again. I tried it once before, but used wheat flour and was not impressed. This time it turned out much much better!

Ingredients

  • 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided **I used cake flour**
  • 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup sugar, divided
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/4 cup fat-free milk
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
  • 2 small banana's sliced
  • Low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, optional
  • Directions 
    •In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be thick). Spread batter evenly onto the bottom of a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. 
    •In a large bowl, combine the salt and remaining flour and sugar; add berries and toss to coat. Spread over batter. 
    •Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted into cobbler comes out clean. Serve with frozen yogurt if desired. Yield: 8 servings.















We had a couple messy girls...I think Lily did hers on purpose. Her asking me to look and take a picture of her "mask" gave it away LOL.


No comments: