Saturday, November 30, 2013

Goodbye November.

Our left overs are almost gone, as is November.
Day 30: I am thankful that the bad hasn't been that bad, a window always opens, the smiles are real and that I have way more good days than not. Life is good.

That means it is almost time for Christmas! The neighbors are already getting their lights up, and the kids are egging Jason on to get our lights up too...glad I won't be the only one nagging him to do it LOL.

I made way too much of the yummy cranberry apple pear sauce for Thanksgiving. We have been enjoying it with our left overs...but the kids have discovered they love it even more in their oatmeal
















I woke up in a baking mood...and so did Haddie. So we made some scrumptious cookies today. Pumpkin spiced oatmeal pecan (and chocolate chip) cookies....Skinny! 2 cookies are 165 calories and 6 grams of fat.

















Besides an adorable helper, you need:
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 2 cups quick oats
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 6 tbsp canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup chopped pecans (I did a half cup of pecans and a half cup of chocolate chips this would throw off the calories though...I also tossed in some ground flaxseed)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°; line two baking sheets with parchment paper or use a silpat.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin spice and cinnamon. In a large bowl, with a mixer, cream together the butter and the sugars on medium speed.

Add the egg, followed by the pumpkin and vanilla extract.
Working by hand, stir in the flour mixture and the oats until just combined and no streaks of flour remain; stir in the pecans.
Drop 1 tablespoon of the dough at a time onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until cookies become light brown at the edges.

Cool on baking sheet for 3 or 4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes 32 cookies, 1 tbsp each.


Silly Hayden...Peace and cookies LOL.
They were so easy to make...and so good!


More gifts for the kiddos are rolling in. Jason and I talked about getting the kids an iPad mini this year. We really want them to be able to do learning apps and games so they can be nice and ready for Kindy next year. Then we figured sharing would be easier with 2 to go around...and we can get 2 Kindle Fire HD's for less than 1 iPad. We got the first one today for an amazing price. I am hoping to score the second on Cyber Monday. We just got the regular 7" 16GB one...but I'm sure it will do just fine. Xander is going to have a cow...I can't wait! Even though the little turd is on my list a little today. Earlier he comes up to me and says "I think you have more babies in your tummy."
Hmpf...and I thought the 20 pounds I just dropped was enough, guess not LOL.


No comments: