Monday, November 18, 2013

Sisters are so fun...

Hayden had fun with her brother today...and Xander sure didn't look too upset about it LOL. They came out to show us, I had to take a couple pictures...silly kids.
They were sure enjoying themselves :)

Jericho had no time for dress up, he was too busy attacking his Dad. He is such a little brute.
Dinner tonight...pretty "skinny" though not a Skinny Taste recipe. Crock pot Hawaiian chicken and pineapple. We have made this before...it is really yummy.

4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or breasts if you prefer)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cornstarch
3 tbs low sodium soy sauce
1 tbs minced onion
1 tsp ground ginger
2 cans pineapple...any kind
2 cans mandarin oranges

Throw it all in the pot, cook on low for 5-6 hours. Serve over rice or noodles...or like I did a bed of spinach.  1 thigh with fruit and sauce is about 340 calories and 7 grams of fat.

Yesterday was National Prematurity day...so in honor of that...
Day 17: I am thankful I have my beautiful, healthy, amazing triplets. I am thankful that they were lucky enough to have incredible Doctors and Nurses take care of them. I am thankful that they seem to have no long term issues from being born at 31 weeks and 3 1/2 lbs each. I am thankful that today they are huge, thriving...sometimes trying, 5 year olds! We are very fortunate.

Day 18: I am thankful for resolutions, even when it doesn't always feel good or go the way you wish it would.

No comments: